Built on Relationships, Developed on Trust | Token Issuers
We can help your business with everything crypto-related! From applying for your Crypto Licence in Malta, to structuring, to Legal Opinions, vetting your white paper and more! See our Crypto services below.
We offer a full suite of services in relation to launching your Token!
applying our legal expertise to your project
- Classifying under applicable relevant regulations (under MiCA these would be utility token, e-money token, or asset referenced token).
- Legal and Technical vetting of your white-papers.
- Assisting with license applications (applicable to e-money tokens and ARTs).
- Advising on security projects (DLT Pilot Regime).
- Company Incorporation.
- Systems Token Audit.
- Introduction to our token marketing team.
- Assisting with investor relations and other regulatory obligations.
- Legal Opinions from various international jurisdictions (as per the requirements of your desired listing exchanges).
- Post MiCA we will also assist with white-papers notification to chosen regulator (if you classify as a utility token).
What Is A Legal Opinion And Why Would You Need It ?
providing legal backing to your project
One of the key points of any token offering is listing an issued token on a cryptocurrency exchange, to create a certain liquidity. Therefore, it is important to prepare a legal opinion on the nature of the token, exploring its concept and function.
This legal opinion is prepared to confirm or deny the classification of a token as a security or non-security or some other classification group. Service providers in regulated jurisdictions such as financial institutions or cryptocurrency exchanges require such legal opinion mostly in order not to be subject to the laws applicable to classic exchanges that trade in securities.
We can assist with a legal opinion from Malta (which covers the EU markets), or any other jurisdiction such as UK, US, Asia, and UAE through our partners.
Dr Justine Scerri Herrera
Founder & managing partner
More about MK Fintech Partners Ltd.
Michael Kyprianou Fintech Partners Ltd is a Maltese licensed VFA Agent (virtual financial assets agent). It comprises a team of dedicated experts who provide services such as advisory, licensing and registrations of activities related to Fintech, Crypto, Blockchain, Investment, company incorporations and banking. and other ancillary services. MK Fintech Partners forms part of the Michael Kyprianou Group, a top tier international legal and advisory firm. It has established an enviable reputation as a broad-based legal practice over the years. Mainly by keeping at heart its principle to always exceed its clients’ expectations. MK has grown to become one of the largest law firms in Cyprus with offices in Nicosia, Limassol and Paphos. The MK Group’s international presence also includes fully-fledged offices in Greece (Athens and Thessaloniki), Malta (Birkirkara), Ukraine (Kiev), the United Arab Emirates (Dubai), United Kingdom (London), Israel (Tel Aviv), and Germany (Frankfurt).